1. Microsoft Dial-up Networking must be installed with TCP/IP before you can connect to NetworkRichmond.Com or any other Internet Service Provider. To do this, locate the My Computer icon on your Desktop. Double-click on the My Computer icon.
2. A window similar to the one below will appear. Locate and Double-click the Control Panel icon.
3. A window similar to the one below will appear. Double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
Click the Windows Setup tab.
7. Click the OK button to close this window.
Click the OK button again to exit the Window setup box.
9. Windows 95 will prompt you for your installation diskettes or CD. If the installation files have been installed on your hard disk, you may have them in a directory with the path C:\windows\options\cabs. If not, you will need the CD or diskettes.
10. Several files will be installed. Wait for the Dial-Up Networking
installation to finish.
11.You will be asked if you wish to restart your system to activate the changes, click the OK button when any open files you may be using have been closed to prevent losing any of your work.
12. If your system does not automatically shut-down and restart, Click on the Start button, choose Shut Down and select Restart the computer.
13. Click the Yes button if asked.
14. Wait for Windows 95/98 to restart.
This may take a few minutes.
1.Your computer will communicate on the Internet using the TCP/IP protocol (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol). To install TCP/IP, click on the Start button, select Settings and choose Control Panel.
2. Click on the Network icon.
3. Select the Configuration tab which should come up automatically when the Network box is displayed.
Click the Add button to add a new component.
1. Microsoft Dial-up Networking must be installed before you can connect to NetworkRichmond.Com or any other Internet Service Provider. To do this, locate the My Computer icon on your Desktop. Double-click on the My Computer icon.
Check that the appropriate speed is selected for your modem (for
14.4 modems use 19200, for 28.8 modems use 38400 and for 33.6 and 56K
modems, use 57600 or 115,000.)
Make sure that Only connect at this speed is not checked.
7. Click the OK button to return to the Make New Connection dialog box.
8. Click the Next button to continue setting up your new connection
9. In the Area code and Telephone number text boxes, type your local NetworkRichmond.Com access number. (IMPORTANT NOTE: Check with your local telephone company provider to make sure that the number you choose is a local toll-free call.
13. The information should appear similar to below. Locate the Server Type button in the lower portion of the screen and click on it.
Verify that checkmarks are placed in the boxes for "Log on to network"
and "Enable software compression" as illustrated below.
16. Require encrypted password should not be checked.
17. Under "Allowed network protocols" in the lower portion of this window, place a check in the TCP/IP box only. Clear check marks from NetBEUI and IPX/SPX Compatible (as illustrated below).
18. Click on the TCP/IP Settings button. A window similar to the one below should appear.
19. Select the Server assigned IP address button and Server assigned name server addresses button.
20.Check both Use IP header compression and Use default gateway
on remote network (these boxes should already have a check in them).
Click the OK button to return to the Server Types box.
Click the OK button to return to Dial-up properties.
23. Click the OK button to close the window.
© 2005 NetworkRichmond, LLC. All rights reserved
Created & Developed by: